There are 5 main areas in which counselling can help:
- You will often find a considerable relief from a space in which you can talk freely.
- Having a counsellor listen to you closely improves your self-worth. It helps validate your view of the world and who you are.
- With this comes more understanding and insight into why things are the way they are.
- Counselling will also improve your resilience to set-backs and difficulties and give you more ways of coping.
- And finally, along the way, you will find that it easier to communicate and relate to other people.